Did you attend the Rubin Museum’s Annual Gala and After-party last Thursday? On October 6, Museum supporters, friends, trustees, and staff all turned out to celebrate ten years of the Museum’s Brainwave series at Cipriani 25 Broadway in downtown Manhattan.
The night was filled with gorgeous outfits, unique decorations, and exciting performances. Among the highlights was a special presentation by neuroscientist Dr. Beau Lotto, which used illusions to make attendees question their perceptions—a fitting introduction to Brainwave 2017: Perception, the Museum’s tenth season of the series, beginning in January.
In case you missed it, check out some of our favorite moments from the Gala and After-party below:
1) Agnes Gund and Shelley Rubin arrived in style!
2) Guests mingled during cocktail hour
3) Meanwhile, the tables in the dining hall were set with incredible centerpieces
4) Once everyone was seated, dinner began
5) Dr. Beau Lotto demonstrated the way that the mind is dominated by perceptions
6) Guests donned blindfolds, allowing them to focus on listening to Brooklyn Raga Massive’s closing performance
7) After the main events, DJs AndrewAndrew kicked off the after-party
8) Everyone flooded into the dancehall and showed off their moves!
9) Guests placed bids on fundraising auction items during the after-party
10) Dancing went on until the party ended at midnight
You can find a ton of other photos from the Gala and After-party on the Rubin’s Facebook page. See you at next year’s gala!
Add Your Thoughts
Comments are moderated, and will not appear on this site until the Rubin has approved them.