Power Animal Workshop Intensive with Shamaness ChokBar
Saturday, June 8, 2019
1:00 PM–5:00 PM
In shamanic traditions, a power animal is believed to symbolize aspects of an individual’s unique and primal soul. As each animal represents its own kind of strength and wisdom, connecting with your power animal can help you tap into your inner reserves and embark on the path of becoming your truest, most empowered self.
In this intensive workshop, White Shamaness Chokbar from the southern Siberian region of Tuva, returns to the Rubin Museum to guide participants to understand power animals. Whether you’re a seasoned shamanic practitioner or learning about shamanism for the first time, participants will gain a deeper appreciation of what shamanism is and isn’t, and will have a chance to connect to their power animals directly through shamanic practices.
Guiding questions include:
- What is a power animal?
- How do I connect with my power animal?
- Why is it beneficial to connect with my power animal?
- How do I you find power through my power animal?
- How does one become a shaman?
- Who are the “spirits”?
- What do shamans actually do?
- How do I choose a shaman?
- How should I experience a shamanic meditation?
Workshop participants will be asked to participate in movement and dance meditation. To make the most of this experience, participants are asked to:
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Bring a yoga mat
- Bring an offering of one or more of the following: flowers, milk, white sugar, white rice, cheese, strong black tea, chocolate in shiny wrapping, carrots, cookies.
- Bring a rattle or a small drum (optional)
About the Presenter
Larisa Koronowski (ChokBar) had a mystical experience of light entering her body during meditation, after which she was able to assist people in healing. Despite coming from a long line of shamanic healers, she long resisted the calling, taking up jobs as a German language teacher and then as an interpreter at the Government of the Republic of Tuva at the Ministry of National Policy. Over the last 15 years she went through a deep transformation of consciousness with the assistance of the Spirits of her Ancestors and was transformed into a native Tuvan hereditary shamaness named ChokBar. She does one-on-one sessions, workshops, seminars, lectures, and shamanic circles in the United States and abroad.
Standard Tickets: $150.00