Plan a Visit
- Timed entry tickets are encouraged for admission to the Museum galleries and for entry to the Museum on K2 Friday Nights. Purchase your tickets in advance to secure your spot. Walk-up timed tickets are available at the admissions desk.
- Tickets are available for purchase two weeks ahead of time with each new day opening at 11AM.
- Admission stickers, provided with your ticket at the admissions desk, should be visible while you are in the galleries.
- Those wishing to reenter the Museum do not receive priority access and must follow Museum guidelines.
- Purchase Museum Admission
- All visitors to the Museum and the shop must enter through the Museum’s main entrance. The Museum’s café entrance is now exit only. Follow Museum signage as select staircases have one-way access.
- Select public programs are now available online. Check the events calendar for more information.
- No food or drink (except for sealable water bottles) are allowed in the Museum.
- Restrooms are located on the lower level and the first and fifth floors.
- Drawing and writing in the galleries is encouraged but limited to the use of pencils. Pens, markers, and other wet media are not permitted.
Explore the Museum with curators, artists, scientists, and more on the free Bloomberg Connects app. Scan the code or click here to download the app and search for the Rubin Museum of Art.
- Most of the spaces and facilities at the Museum are accessible to visitors with limited mobility.
- Wheelchairs are available to visitors free of charge and are sanitized between uses. You can request one at the admissions desk. Both manual and electric wheelchairs are allowed throughout the building.
- Working animal companions, when identified as such, are allowed throughout the building.
- Large-print labels are now available online. If you prefer using magnifying glasses to support your viewing experience, request one at the admissions desk.
- The dramatic nature of the spiral staircase and surrounding balconies can create a hazard for unattended children. Be sure to watch them carefully.
- Front-worn baby carriers and compact strollers are permitted in the galleries.
- Baby changing stations are located in both unisex restrooms on the lower level.
Mobile phone calls are allowed only in the entrance hall, Café Serai, and restrooms. Silent use, such as text messaging, is permitted throughout the building.
- Non-flash photography is allowed in the galleries and public spaces. Signage on the gallery floors or object labels will indicate if photography is prohibited.
- The Museum often photographs and films onsite programs for use on promotional materials. By entering the premises, you provide consent to have you and your likeness used in any promotional materials for the Rubin Museum of Art. If you have questions, please inform a staff member.
Please note that the Mandala Lab is reserved for family programming from 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM every Sunday and will not be accessible to visitors not attending the program.
The Museum is closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day.
The Museum closes at 5:00 PM on the Friday before Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and New Year’s Eve.
The shop is open during all Museum hours and does not require an admission ticket to visit.
Every Friday, 6:00–10:00 p.m. Learn more about K2 Friday Nights
Directions and Parking
There is a 24-hour parking lot on the corner of 17th Street and 6th Avenue. There are also a number of parking garages and lots on 17th Street between Union Square and 7th Avenue.
A, C, E to 14th Street (at 8th Avenue)
1 to 18th Street (at 7th Avenue)
2, 3 to 14th Street (at 7th Avenue)
F, L, M to 14th Street (at 6th Avenue)
N, Q, R, 4, 5, 6 to 14th Street-Union Square