Rubin Museum Virtual Block Party
An online community celebration
On Sunday, September 20, visit this page to launch into hours of Block Party activities.
Welcome to the Rubin Museum’s annual Block Party! Celebrate curiosity, wonder, and community as the Block Party goes virtual this year! Inspired by the Rubin’s yearlong exploration of impermanence—the idea that everything changes, so possibility is all around us—and the symbol of the lotus, this year’s Block Party reminds us that beauty can emerge from even the toughest conditions.
At the virtual Block Party, you’ll enjoy:
- intimate studio visits with visual artists in the Himalayan region and diaspora, including Tsherin Sherpa, Sneha Shrestha, Tenzin Phuntsog, Yakpo Collective, and Uttam Grandhi
- art-making projects for all ages led by YindaYin Coaching
- guided mindfulness practices with Day Schildkret, Reimagine, Kate Johnson, and New York Yoga + Life Magazine
- interactive classes with performing artists Brooklyn Raga Massive and Ajna Dance
- performances by Samira Sadeque and the Bangladesh Academy of Fine Arts, hosted by the Asian American Writers’ Workshop
- spotlights on activism and advocacy from community partners
The Block Party activities will be accessible through September 27.
The Rubin Museum’s annual Block Party is made possible through lead sponsorships of Agnes Gund and New York Life Insurance Company*. Additional supporters include The Prospect Hill Foundation, Tiger Baron Foundation, Con Edison, and public funds from the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs in partnership with the City Council.
General operating support of the Rubin Museum of Art is provided by the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature, as well as by generous donations from the Museum’s Board of Trustees, individual donors, and members.