Shamanic Power Animal Workshop
Wednesday, July 29, 2015
7:00 PM–9:00 PM
After the sold out success of her first workshop in June, White Shamaness ChokBar from the south Siberian region of Tuva returns to cleanse and guide you to an understanding of what a power animal is.
In this shamanic workshop you will gain deeper understanding and appreciation of what shamanism is and isn’t.
- What is a “power animal”?
- How does one becomes a shaman?
- Who are the “spirits”?
- What do shamans actually do?
- How to choose a shaman?
- How to experience a shamanic meditation
Participants will be asked to do movement and dance meditation.
- Wear comfortable clothing
- Bring a yoga mat
- Bring an offering of one or more of the following:
- Flowers, milk, white sugar, white rice, cheese, strong black tea, chocolate in shiny wrapping, carrots, cookies.
- Observers will be seated and will not need to bring any of the above.
Your ticket also includes an optional pre-program tour at 6:15 PM of the exhibition Becoming Another: The Power of Masks.
About the Workshop Leader
Several years prior to becoming a shaman Larisa Koronowski had a mystical experience of light entering her body during meditation, after which she was able to assist people in healing. Despite coming from a long line of shamanic healers, she long resisted the calling, taking up jobs as a German language teacher and then as an interpreter at the Government of the Republic of Tuva at the Ministry of National Policy.
She is a now a native Tuvan hereditary Shamaness and is willing to share her secrets. www.tuvanshaman.com
Observer Tickets: $20.00
Participant tickets: $59.00 (Participant tickets are no longer available)
Member Observer: $18.00
Member Participant: $53.10 (Participant tickets are no longer available)