Guided Tours of the Rubin Museum of Art
Whether it’s your first visit to the Rubin Museum or your tenth, a tour led by our knowledgeable guides can help you connect with the ideas, cultures, and art of the Himalayas. The Rubin offers private tours for every audience. We create a program for each group, weaving themes from current exhibitions with thought-provoking discussion. Visitors will leave with a deeper understanding and appreciation of Himalayan art and heritage.
Guided tours are available for groups of 10 people or more and are one hour long.
Thursday: 11:00 AM–4:00 PM
Friday: 11:00 AM– 9:00 PM
Saturday: 11:00 AM–4:00 PM
Sunday: 11:00 AM–4:00 PM
Fees (per person)
Adult Groups: $25.00
Senior Groups (65 and older): $20.00
University Student Groups: $20.00
Museum Members (Art + Abundance level and above): $7.00
K2 Friday Nights
Pay a discounted fee by touring during K2!
Tours are available between 6:00 and 9:00 PM on Friday nights and are 30 minutes in length.
Fees (per person)
- Adult Groups: $10.00
- Senior Groups (65 and older): $10.00
- University Student Groups: $10.00
- Museum Members (Art + Abundance level and above): $7.00
The Secret World of Tantra
Himalayan Highlights Tour
Healing Body and Mind
- Reservations must be made a minimum of three weeks in advance.
- One tour guide is assigned per every 15 people.
- The Rubin Museum can accommodate groups of fewer than 10 people. A minimum purchase of 10 tickets is required.
- Cancellations may not be made within 3 business days of your tour.
- Bus parking is not available at the Museum; buses may drop off and pick up passengers but may not park or stand on 17th Street or on 7th Avenue.
Guidelines for your Museum visit and interacting with the art can be found here.
Payment must be made prior to the start of your tour. Cancellations may not be made within 3 business days of your tour. Tour fees are nonrefundable within 3 business days of your tour. Payment can be made in the following ways:
- Complete and return a credit card authorization form.
- Call Group Visit Reservations at 212.620.5000 x205 and complete payment over the phone with a credit card number.
- Pay with a credit card or check at the admissions desk.
- Mail a check made payable to the Rubin Museum of Art to:
- Rubin Museum of Art
- Attn: Group Visit Reservations
- 140 West 17th Street
- New York, NY 10011
How to Book
- Book a Guided Tour by completing the form below. Book a Guided Tour
- Our reservations team will contact you to confirm your tour.
- Please share all guidelines with members of your group prior to arriving.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessibility at the Museum
The Museum welcomes all visitors and offers guided tours and programs to accommodate all audiences including monthly tours for visitors with Alzheimer’s and dementia and Verbal Description and Sensory Tours. American Sign Language-interpreted tours are available upon request. Learn more about accessibility at the Museum.