Self-Guided Tours of the Rubin Museum of Art
The Rubin Museum offers discounted prices for groups of 10 or more interested in exploring the Museum’s collection and exhibits at their own pace. Create your own personalized itinerary and focus your visit on what’s most important to you. Are you a teacher looking to bring your class? Learn more about self-guided tours for students in grades 9–12.
Thursday: 11:00 AM–4:00 PM
Friday: 11:00 AM– 9:00 PM
Saturday: 11:00 AM–4:00 PM
Sunday: 11:00 AM–4:00 PM
Fees (per person)
Adult Groups: $18.00
Senior Groups (65 and older): $13.00
University Student Groups: $13.00
Museum Members (Art + Abundance level and above): Free
- Reservations must be made a minimum of three weeks in advance.
- One tour guide is assigned per every 15 people.
- The Rubin Museum can accommodate groups of fewer than 10 people. A minimum purchase of 10 tickets is required.
- Cancellations may not be made within three business days of your tour. Doing so may result in a cancellation fee.
- Bus parking is not available at the Museum; buses may drop off and pick up passengers but may not park or stand on 17th Street or on 7th Avenue.
Group visit guidelines can be found here.
Payment must be made prior to the start of your tour. You can do so in the following ways:
- Complete and return a credit card authorization form.
- Call Group Visit Reservations at 212.620.5000 x205 and complete payment over the phone with a credit card number.
- Pay with a credit card or check at the admissions desk.
- Mail a check made payable to the Rubin Museum of Art to:
Rubin Museum of Art
Attn:Group Visit Reservations
140 West 17th Street
New York, NY 10011
How to Book
- Book a self-guided tour by completing the form below.
- You will be contacted by our reservations department to confirm your tour.
- Please share all guidelines with members of your group prior to arriving.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Accessibility at the Museum
The Museum welcomes all visitors and offers guided tours and programs to accommodate all audiences including monthly tours for visitors with Alzheimer’s and dementia and Verbal Description and Sensory Tours. American Sign Language-interpreted tours are available upon request. Learn more about accessibility at the Museum.