Yak Pack Family Activity Bags
Yak Packs are designed to encourage your child (ages 2-7) to explore and respond creatively to works of art in a fun, age-appropriate manner. Yak Packs are available to borrow at the Museum admissions desk and are free with Museum admission.
Your Cool Culture Family Pass gives you free admission to the Rubin Museum of Art. RMA is a partner of Cool Culture, a not-for-profit organization that provides access, information, and support to low-income families so that they can visit New York City’s outstanding museums and other cultural institutions with their children. With a Cool Culture Family Pass, families receive free entry at any time to ninety museums, botanical gardens, and zoos. Your Cool Culture Family Pass gives you free admission to the Rubin Museum of Art. Watch this video to learn more about Cool Culture.
- Consider attending one our Family Programs.
- Plan your visit around nap and meal times.
- Visits ranging from 30 to 90 minutes are often most comfortable for you and your child.
- Look up what exhibitions will be on view during your visit. The Museum has 6 floors featuring various exhibitions. Some exhibitions will be of more interest to you and your child than others.
- Talk to your child about Museum behaviors such as quiet voices, no running, looking with your eyes, and no touching the artworks.
- The Rubin offers many resources for family visitors. Search family related resources here.
- Use the chart below to locate where restrooms are located and remember, you can always ask a Museum staff member.
- Baby changing stations are located in both unisex bathrooms on the lower level.
Strollers and Coats
- There is not stroller check, but we do have elevators located on every floor for easy navigation.
- Check your bags and coats near the museum admissions desk.
- Front-worn baby carriers and compact strollers are permitted in the galleries
- Remember that is no food or drinks allowed on the gallery floors
- For food, visit Cafe Serai located on the Museum’s first floor. View the Kid’s choices on the menu and as a reminder please keep in mind no outside food or drinks are allowed.
Back at home
- Reflect on your visit. What did you see? What was your favorite part?
- Get inspired by what you saw and make together. Search our resources for ideas on at home art activities.