Self-Guided Tours: Grades 9–12
Prefer to lead your students on a tour of your own design? Be our guest! Groups of 10 or more students in grades 9–12 pay a discounted rate for self-guided visits. Create your own personalized itinerary and focus your visit on what’s most important to you.
Stay up to date with our latest COVID policies on our Plan a Visit page.
Thursday: 11:00 AM–4:00 PM
Friday: 11:00 AM– 5:00 PM
Saturday: 11:00 AM–4:00 PM
Sunday: 11:00 AM–4:00 PM
High school groups pay a per-person rate or flat fee for self-guided visits, depending on the school designation.
All NYCDOE schools: $25.00 flat fee per group of 30 people (includes chaperones)
All Title I NYCDOE schools: Free
Non-NYCDOE students, teachers, and chaperones: $13.00 each
- Reservations must be made a minimum of three weeks in advance.
- One chaperone is required for every 15 students. A maximum of three chaperones for every 15 students is permitted. Teachers, chaperones, and group leaders are responsible for their groups at all times.
- Headcount must be confirmed, at the latest, 48 hours in advance of your visit.
- Cancellations may not be made within three business days of your tour. Doing so may result in a cancellation fee. We appreciate your consideration of our staff time.
Please Note the Following:
- Lunch space is not available at the Museum.
- Bins can be provided to store large bags, backpacks, and jackets. The Rubin Museum of Art is not responsible for any damaged or lost items.
- Bus parking is not available at the Museum; buses may drop off and pick up passengers but may not park or stand on 17th Street or 7th Avenue.
Student group visit guidelines can be found here.
Payment must be made prior to the start of your tour. You can do so in the following ways:
Rubin Museum of Art
- Complete and return a credit card authorization form.
- Call Group Visit Reservations at 212.620.5000 x205 and complete payment over the phone with a credit card number.
- Pay with a credit card or check at the admissions desk.
- Mail a check made payable to the Rubin Museum of Art to:
Rubin Museum of Art
Attn: Group Visit Reservations
140 West 17th Street
New York, NY 10011
How to Book
- Book a self-guided tour by completing the form below.
- You will be contacted by our reservations department to confirm your tour.
- Please share all guidelines with members of your group prior to arriving.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.