The Rubin is a place for curious minds. Our K–12 tours help students develop critical thinking skills and visual literacy while sparking interest and curiosity in the world around them. Tours are led by trained Museum educators who encourage students to ask questions to connect with the art and each other. These learner-centered tours can build upon your school’s existing curriculum as well as Common Core State Standards.
Thursday: 11:00 AM–4:00 PM
Friday: 11:00 AM–5:00 PM
Saturday: 11:00 AM–4:00 PM
Sunday: 11:00 AM–4:00 PM
Groups pay a flat fee for groups of up to 32 students. One chaperone is required for every 15 students. A maximum of three chaperones for every 15 students is permitted. Students may be split into 2 groups and tour at the same time.
Title I NYCDOE schools: $25
NYCDOE schools: $50
Non-NYCDOE schools: $200
All about Buddha
How Is It Made?
What Is a Mandala?
Tour Booking Guidelines
- Reservations must be made a minimum of three weeks in advance.
- We are able to accommodate 32 students per hour. One tour guide is assigned per every 15 people.
- Tours are 60 minutes in length.
- One chaperone is required for every 15 students. A maximum of three chaperones for every 15 students is permitted. Teachers, chaperones, and group leaders are responsible for their groups at all times.
- Cancellations may not be made within three business days of your tour.
Add a Workshop
Enhance your Museum experience with a hands-on workshop. Workshops are available onsite or online upon request. Workshops may be paired with any tour theme.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an online or in-person workshop.
Please Note the Following:
- Lunch space is not available at the Museum
- Bins can be provided to store large bags, backpacks, and jackets. The Rubin Museum of Art is not responsible for any damaged or lost items.
- Bus parking is not available at the Museum. Buses may drop off and pick up passengers but may not park or stand on 17th Street or 7th Avenue.
Guidelines for your Museum visit and interacting with the art can be found here.
Payment must be made prior to the start of your tour. Cancellations may not be made within three business days of your tour. Tour fees are nonrefundable within three business days of your tour. Payment can be made in the following ways:
- Complete and return a credit card authorization form.
- Call Group Visit Reservations at 212.620.5000 x205 and complete payment over the phone with a credit card number.
- Pay with a credit card or check at the admissions desk.
- Mail a check made payable to the Rubin Museum of Art to:
- Rubin Museum of Art
- Attn: Group Visit Reservations
- 140 West 17th Street
- New York, NY 10011
How to Book
- Book a Guided tour by completing the form below.
- Our reservations team will contact you to confirm your tour.
- Please share all guidelines with members of your group prior to arriving.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Accessibility at the Museum
The Museum welcomes all visitors and offers guided tours and programs to accommodate all audiences including monthly tours for visitors with Alzheimer’s and dementia and Verbal Description and Sensory Tours. American Sign Language-interpreted tours are available upon request. Learn more about accessibility at the Museum.