Birthday Art Labs
Enjoy an art-filled birthday party for your child and leave the planning to us!
Birthday Labs at the Rubin Museum of Art are led by Museum educators and include art making time in the Education Center, an interactive tour in the Museum galleries, singing, and more! Choose from multiple age-appropriate themes and catering options. Recommended for ages two and older.
Email email@example.com or call 212.620.5000 x294 for more information.
- Exclusive use of the Education Center commons and studio
- Museum admission for all birthday guests
- Thematic art lab, led by Rubin Museum educators
- Guided exploration of the Museum galleries
- Crafting take-home works of art
- PDF Invitation template for printing or emailing
Museum Program Fee: $1,000 base program fee. Capacity dependent upon age group and theme. Minimum one adult per two children.
Museum members receive 10% discount on Program Fee. Become a member today!
Catering provided by STARR Catering Group. Choose from our birthday menu options or customize your own menu. You can even plan something special for the parents!
To learn more, please contact Leah Frederick at 212.620.5000 x290.
Host family is welcome to bring in birthday cake or cupcakes.
Art Lab Themes
Drum Beats and Little Feet
Get moving during this wild and wonderful animal-themed art lab! In the galleries you’ll listen to the story of a small but courageous jungle hero and join in a scavenger hunt for real and imaginary creatures from around the world. Journey back to the art studio to craft damaru drums then use your instruments to make rhythms and animal noises together.
Squish, squeeze, and mold during our Super Sculptors Birthday Art Lab. Search the galleries to find fascinating Himalayan sculptures and learn how they were made. Then, let your imagination run wild as you make your own imaginary creatures out of clay. Use sequins, gemstones, and glitter to make your sculpture shimmer.
What’s your happy place? Inspired by our current exhibition, Sacred Spaces, explore the galleries to learn about what spaces are sacred in Himalayan culture. Then think about what spaces are sacred in your world: what spaces make you feel happy? Nervous? Excited?! Build your own personalized shrine with your favorite colors and textures, and leave with your very open special space!
Create Your Own
Don’t see a theme that fits? Ask us how we can customize an option for your party.
- Birthday family is welcome to arrive 30 minutes early.
- Birthday Art Labs are 2 hours long.
- Consumption of alcohol is not permitted.
- $250 non-refundable deposit required to confirm booking.
- Full payment is due two weeks prior to the date of event.
- Overtime fees ($150/30 minutes) due the date of event.
- Payment by credit card preferred.