We recommended purchasing timed entry tickets online in advance for admission to the Museum and for K2 Friday Nights.
From January 25–March 10 we will be installing our next exhibition Reimagine: Himalayan Art Now and some of our galleries will be temporarily closed. We apologize for the inconvenience!
- January 25–March 10: the Tibetan Buddhist Shrine Room will not be wheelchair accessible and will only be accessible via stairway.
- February 15–18: 50% of our galleries will be closed for installations. Visitors can enjoy Gateway to Himalayan Art (second floor), the Mandala Lab (third floor), and the Tibetan Buddhist Shrine Room (fourth floor).
- February 29–March 1: 50% of our galleries will be closed for installations. Visitors can enjoy the Mandala Lab (third floor), the Tibetan Buddhist Shrine Room (fourth floor), and Masterworks (fifth floor).
The Museum is closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day.
The Museum closes at 5:00 PM on the Friday before Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and New Year’s Eve.
Mandala Lab Hours
The Mandala Lab is reserved for family programming from 1:00–3:00 PM every Sunday and will not be accessible to visitors not attending the program.
The shop is open during all Museum hours and does not require an admission ticket to visit.
Purchase Museum Admission
Museum admission is free with a ticket reservation every Friday night from 6:00 to 10:00 p.m. during K2 Friday Nights. Consider purchasing at regular admission price to support the Rubin. Advanced online reservations are recommended. Walk-up tickets are available at the admissions desk for purchase.
Are you eligible for discounted or free admission? See a list of our active discounts below:
- SNAP benefits families with EBT card or WIC card; member of Museums for All
- Cool Culture families
- Culture Pass participants
- Corporate members
- American Alliance of Museums
- Museum Council
- Bronx BFSC Museum Pass; valid for educators only
- Smartsave Map and Voucher
- Get Your Guide
- AllinNYC; 20% discount on general admission ticket & 10% discount to The Rubin Shop by showing printed ticket receipt
- Channel 13; $2 off admissions w/ valid Channel 13 membership card
- Other museum staff
- Press (contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
There is no need to make an advanced reservation. Please be prepared to show an ID at the front desk to redeem discounted tickets. Questions can be emailed to email@example.com.
Visitors with disabilities (care partner free of charge)
Children (12 and younger)
Become a member today!
Learn more about Free Friday Nights
POLICIES AND SAFETY
If you feel unwell or become sick close to your visit date, we ask that you remain at home. Please contact the box office to reschedule your visit.
The safety of our guests and staff is of the utmost importance to us. We ask that you read all safety policies and procedures before visiting.
Discounted Tickets to Select Programs
For select programs the Museum offers $14 student-rate tickets. These tickets are available in advance of the event and can be purchased online, over the phone, or at the front desk.
Whether on your first visit or your tenth, guided tours at the Rubin Museum of Art are ideal for visitors of all ages to connect with the ideas, cultures and art of Himalayan Asia. Museum tours led by our knowledgeable guides can be designed to reflect a variety of themes based upon your group’s interests. Learn more about our regular and private tour offerings
Wheelchairs are available for rent at the Museum’s admission desk. Read more about accessibility at the Museum.
Advance ticket purchase is strongly advised.
All programs are subject to change.
Program tickets are neither exchangeable nor refundable. If you find you cannot use your ticket, you may convert the ticket price to a donation to the museum by sending an e-mail in advance of the event to the box office.
Guests who arrive after the start of the program may be admitted at the sole discretion of the museum.
When a program is sold out, a standby list becomes available at the admissions desk exactly two hours before the start of the program. You must be physically present to sign up. Any available tickets will be released to the standby list in the order names were received beginning ten minutes before the start of the program. Each person can purchase up to two tickets. You must be physically present at the time your name is called or your place in line will be forfeited. Unfortunately we are unable to predict how many tickets, if any, may become available.